Friday 4 May 2012

Barbet puppies another update


My house is quiet, and this morning I had a lie in before work. Hope and Halfpint left yesterday to rejoin their litter brothers and sisters. I wasn't as sad as I thought I would be, maybe as I knew it was the best thing for them and of course I will see them again soon.I am so lucky to have learnt so much with these two pups, every stage of development is so easy to follow when as a human you are their provider. I mustn't forget the input from mainly Bepop as she was so good at keeping them clean. Strangely enough in the last couple of days, Bepop was less interested in them and Betsy was starting to be calmer around the pups, so I do believe that the roles of my dogs were just starting to change, as Betsy was wonderful at lying in with her own pups and playing.
When I look back it all seems a bit of a dream, but as 14 pups are now over 4 weeks and all taking solids it just seems quite amazing.