Saturday 12 January 2013

Dog Beds

I am beginning to accept I have an obsession with dog beds. I have a couple of hard beds for the dogs and 100s' of vet beds/fleeces but with 5 dogs in the house there is always competition for the most comfy bed. I waste hours looking at dog beds on the internet, why? I always think that if we were to win the lottery (which we don't even do!!!!) my first purchase would be dog beds, money no object. The highlight of a pet shop visit for me is to seek out the dog beds, and check out how soft, how thick, how comfortable they are and I dream out which ones I would buy for each dog as they all like slightly different sleeping positions. The girls definately need a soft but waterproof bed that is raised,  dear Jazz at 13 years old needs something like a memory foam bed, Bobby needs something he can curl up in. I did buy a lovely bed for Bobby, but as they have all used it  the big dogs have bent the sides flat and it is not machine washable.At the moment this tub chair in the photograph above is the most popular dog bed in the house, located behind my PC chair so the dogs are still nearby, and as soon as one dog leaves it another one jumps up.However, the tub chair will get ruined by wet dogs, I have tried a throw on it but Martha removes that and drags it round the kitchen  So my intention after my litter with Bepop is to treat all the dogs to a new bed, how exciting is that........