Wednesday 16 October 2013

French dog shows and Barbets


 I had a minor panic as the vet at the Dog show in France was insisting on giving the dogs tick treatment and although I had taken worming tablets I had no frontline. I doubted myself and thought how could I have forgotten something so important. Luckily the vet who we have met before had spare frontline which he used and when I looked at Marthas' passport she had no other entries for frontline and yet 3 entries for worming as she has been out of the Country several times on visits. Phew, it was not my brain misbehaving I was right and the frontline was not needed but the dogs got it anyway. The vet agreed to check the new regulations for entering the UK, but for the future I will always take spares just in case as it may be easier to frontline than try to explain in French that it is not needed. 

1. Overview

When travelling with your pet dog, cat or ferret, the rules you must follow depend on the country you’re going to or coming from.

Travelling within the EU (or into the EU from another ‘listed’ country)

When travelling to or returning to the UK from another EU or non-EU listed country your pet needs: